Aging; Oxidative Stress; Phospholipids; Skin Aging
- Christian Doppler Laboratory for Biotechnology of Skin Aging
- Research Division of Biology and Pathobiology of the Skin
My research is focussed on the role of bioactive lipid mediators in skin biology. We investigate the generation, the biochemistry and the signaling of lipid mediators in basic and translational research projects.
- Narzt, M.-S. et al., 2019. A novel role for NUPR1 in the keratinocyte stress response to UV oxidized phospholipids. Redox Biology, 20, pp.467-482. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.redox.2018.11.006.
- Ni, C. et al., 2016. Autophagy deficient melanocytes display a senescence associated secretory phenotype that includes oxidized lipid mediators. The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, 81, pp.375-382. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biocel.2016.10.006.
- Song, X. et al., 2017. Autophagy deficient keratinocytes display increased DNA damage, senescence and aberrant lipid composition after oxidative stress in vitro and in vivo. Redox Biology, 11, pp.219-230. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.redox.2016.12.015.
- Gruber, F. et al., 2012. A simplified procedure for semi-targeted lipidomic analysis of oxidized phosphatidylcholines induced by UVA irradiation. The Journal of Lipid Research, 53(6), pp.1232-1242. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1194/jlr.D025270.
- Zhao, Y. et al., 2013. Autophagy Is Induced by UVA and Promotes Removal of Oxidized Phospholipids and Protein Aggregates in Epidermal Keratinocytes. Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 133(6), pp.1629-1637. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/jid.2013.26.