Healthy Worker Effect; HIV; Homosexuality; Internal Medicine; Mental Health; Occupational Health; Public Health; Social Discrimination; Social Stigma; Sports Medicine
My research focus encompasses a variety of public health topics, ranging from HIV/AIDS epidemiology, health promotion in PLWHIV to issues of discrimination in health care as well as healthy working places and occupational health and medicine. I have also conducted research into issues of behavioural medicine and on changing behaviour that negatively influences health.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Clinical physiological tests: ergometry, spirometry, spiroergometry, methacoline provocation tests, allergy testing, whole body composition scanning, tilt-tests, audiometry, BSA. Toxicological anaylises (heavy metal and other enviromental toxins).
- Grabovac, I. et al., 2018. Prevalence and Associations of Illicit Drug and Polydrug Use in People Living with HIV in Vienna. Scientific Reports, 8(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-26413-5.
- Grabovac, I. et al., 2018. Healthcare Providers� Advice on Lifestyle Modification in the US Population: Results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2011-2016. The American Journal of Medicine. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2018.11.021.
- Jordakieva, G. et al., 2018. Occupational exposure to ultrafine particles in police officers: no evidence for adverse respiratory effects. Journal of Occupational Medicine and Toxicology, 13(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12995-018-0187-8.
- Kutalek, R., Jirovsky, E. & Grabovac, I., 2018. From macro- to microfactors in health: Social science approaches in research on sexually transmitted infections. PLOS Medicine, 15(1), p.e1002490. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1002490.
- Jackson, S. et al., 2018. Ethnic Differences in Magnesium Intake in U.S. Older Adults: Findings from NHANES 2005-2016. Nutrients, 10(12), p.1901. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/nu10121901.