Healthy Worker Effect; HIV; Homosexuality; Internal Medicine; Mental Health; Occupational Health; Public Health; Social Discrimination; Social Stigma; Sports Medicine
My research focus encompasses a variety of public health topics, ranging from HIV/AIDS epidemiology, health promotion in PLWHIV to issues of discrimination in health care as well as healthy working places and occupational health and medicine. I have also conducted research into issues of behavioural medicine and on changing behaviour that negatively influences health.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Clinical physiological tests: ergometry, spirometry, spiroergometry, methacoline provocation tests, allergy testing, whole body composition scanning, tilt-tests, audiometry, BSA. Toxicological anaylises (heavy metal and other enviromental toxins).
- Brath, H. et al., 2016. Prevalence and Correlates of Smoking and Readiness to Quit Smoking in People Living with HIV in Austria and Germany X. Chen, ed. PLoS ONE, 11(2), p.e0150553. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0150553.
- Grabovac, I. & Mustajbegović, J., 2015. Healthy occupational culture for a worker-friendly workplace / Kultura zdravih organizacija - radna mjesta prijatelji radnika. Archives of Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology, 66(1), pp.1-8. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/aiht-2015-66-2558.
- Jordakieva, G. et al., 2018. Occupational exposure to ultrafine particles in police officers: no evidence for adverse respiratory effects. Journal of Occupational Medicine and Toxicology, 13(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12995-018-0187-8.
- Kutalek, R., Jirovsky, E. & Grabovac, I., 2018. From macro- to microfactors in health: Social science approaches in research on sexually transmitted infections. PLOS Medicine, 15(1), p.e1002490. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1002490.
- Grabovac, I. et al., 2017. Clinical setting-based smoking cessation programme and the quality of life in people living with HIV in Austria and Germany. Quality of Life Research, 26(9), pp.2387-2395. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11136-017-1580-y.