Dear colleagues and friends,
it is a great pleasure and privilege to invite you again to the traditional ART Vienna conference on advanced retinal therapy in the year of 2021. There is no doubt that innovation has continued it’s dynamic force supported by advanced technology leading to a substantial increase in knowledge, particularly in retina. Exchange of insight and expertise, clinical and scientific results and active initiatives are vital for bringing “codes to clinic” and quality to patients.
Our team has put together three major sessions with the topics AMD, AI and retinal surgery and invited speakers that have excelled in moving the field towards new horizons.
For a lively exchange of ideas and a robust understanding of contents, face-to-face encounters are essential. As COVID-regulations are fully implemented, this year’s conference can provide this most important inter-individual exchange again. Interactive discussion and debate, missed for so long, will be even strengthened by having panel discussions with participation of all speakers in small groups related to their comment topic.
Kindly use the link to our home page under www.artvienna.eu
With this spirit of moving the field of retina ahead in a collaborative and person-driven effort, we are very much looking forward to see and hear you on December 4th, 2021.
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Ursula Schmidt-Erfurth
Professor and Chair
Medical University Vienna
Department of Ophthalmology and Optometry
Austrian Academy of Sciences
Van Swieten Saal, Medical University of Vienna
Van-Swieten-Gasse 1a, 1090 Vienna
This event will be approved by the Austrian Medical Chamber with 8 DFP-Points.
08:30 Welcome and Opening
08:45 Session AMD 1
Moderator: Gregor Reiter
- 08:45-08:55 | Johanna M. Colijn: Lifestyle, genetics and progression of AMD
- 08:55-09:05 | Maria Cristina Savastano: Differenting nAMD from other entities and importance for clinical management
- 09:05-09:15 | Roy Schwartz: Unlocking the mystery of reticular pseudodrusen with AI
- 09:15-09:30 | Panel discussion: Gregor Reiter and speakers
09:30 Session AMD 2
Moderator: Ursula Schmidt-Erfurth
- 09:30-09:40 | Eleonore Lad: Imaging biomarkers in AMD/GA and possibilities of AI quantifications
- 09:40-09:50 | Riccardo Sacconi: GA plus MNV – Possibilities of multimodal imaging
- 09:50-10:00 | Konstantinos Balaskas: Clinically applicable quantification of retina
- 10:00-10:15 | Panel discussion: Ursula Schmidt-Erfurth and speakers
- 10:15-10:45 | Coffee break
10:45 | Session Artificial Intelligence 1
Moderator: Hrvoje Bogunovic
- 10:45-10:55 | Clarisa Sanchez: Multibiomarker image segmentation in OCT
- 10:55-11:05 | Sina Farsiu: Weakly supervised segmentation of retinal structures
- 11:05-11:15 | Xiao Liu: Reporting Standards for AI Clinical Studies
- 11:15-11:30 | Panel discussion: Hrvoje Bogunovic and speakers
11:30 | Session Artificial Intelligence 2
Moderator: Andreas Pollreisz
- 11:30-11:40 | Marinko Sarunic: AI for OCTA and DR
- 11:40-11:50 | Carol Cheung: AI for CVD risk estimation
- 11:50-12:00 | Ruben Hemelings: Structure function analysis with deep learning (AI in glaucoma)
- 12:00-12:15 | Panel discussion: Andreas Pollreisz
- 12:15-13:30 | Lunch break
- 13:30-13:40 | Martine Mauget-Faysee: COVID choroidopathy
13:40 | Session Surgery
Moderator: Michael Georgopoulos
- 13:40-13:50 | Stanislao Rizzo: Complex retinal detachment
- 13:50-14:00 | Michael Georgopoulos: Skills and procedures in gene therapy
- 14:00-14:10 | Ramin Tadayoni: The bad macular holes
- 14:10-14:20 | Hans Hoerauf: Macular Pucker: When and why to peel
- 14:20-14:30 | Claudette Abela-Formanek: IOL implantation today
- 14:30-14:14:50 | Panel discussion: Michael Georgopoulos and speakers
Please consider the COVID-19 regulations: 2.5 G rule (vaccinated, recovered or PCR-tested) and wearing a FFP2 face mask is mandatory!
Bitte beachten Sie die COVID-19 Präventionsmaßnahmen: 2,5 G Nachweis (geimpft, genesen oder PCR-getestet) und FFP2-Maskenpflicht!