Aortic Aneurysm, Abdominal; Cerebrospinal Fluid; Endovascular Procedures
- Arge Brostjan
Research Area: Vascular Disease; interplay of endothelial cells, platelets and leukocytes in pro-inflammatory activation, coagulation and angiogenesis
- Vienna Vascular Surgery Research Laboratories
My area of research is focused primarily on endovascular aortic repair of thoracoabdominal (TAAA) and complex abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA).
The translational part of my PhD project is devoted to elucidation of a suitable panel of diagnostic biomarkers of endograft associated spinal cord ischemia (SCI), and the clinical part is directed towards evaluation of intraoperative imaging modalities and novel technical approaches attributable to complex aortic interventions.
In addition, I am involved in biobanking, and randomized clinical trial designed to establish a novel therapeutic approach of conservative AAA treatment.
- Sotir, A. et al. (2023) ‘Early Experience with Bridging Stent Graft Deployment without Sheath Support in Branched and Fenestrated Endovascular Aortic Repair’, Journal of Vascular Surgery [Preprint]. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jvs.2023.05.054.
- Sotir, A. et al. (2023) ‘Monoplane versus biplane fluoroscopy in patients undergoing fenestrated/branched endovascular aortic repair’, Journal of Vascular Surgery, 77(5), pp. 1359-1366.e2. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jvs.2022.12.037.
- Sotir, A. et al. (2023) ‘Biomarkers of Spinal Cord Injury in Patients Undergoing Complex Endovascular Aortic Repair Procedures—A Narrative Review of Current Literature’, Biomedicines, 11(5), p. 1317. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/biomedicines11051317.
- Klopf, J. et al. (2023) ‘MetAAA trial patients show superior quality of life compared to patients under regular surveillance for small AAA: a single-center retrospective cohort study’, International Journal of Surgery, 109(4), pp. 861–869. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/js9.0000000000000343.
- Ristl, R. et al. (2023) ‘Comparing maximum diameter and volume when assessing the growth of small abdominal aortic aneurysms using longitudinal CTA data: cohort study’, International Journal of Surgery [Preprint]. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/js9.0000000000000433.