Algorithms; Laser-Doppler Flowmetry; Multimodal Imaging; Photoacoustic Techniques; Programming Languages; Tomography, Optical Coherence
- Leitgeb & Drexler Group
Research Area: Advancing biomedical optical imaging for a step change in medical diagnostics as well as in fundamental biological and medical research by developing cutting edge optical technologies combining strengths of different imaging modalities.
I am a Postdoc at the Medical University of Vienna, Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering. My current research relates to multimodal preclinical imaging, where I develop a novel optical coherence photoacoustic microscopy system.
In my PhD I researched novel optical coherence tomography (OCT) systems for early diagnosis of several eye diseases like glaucoma. I mainly focused on Doppler OCT (D-OCT) and the development of a three beam D-OCT system capable to quantitatively measure total retinal blood flow in-vivo without prior knowledge on the vessel geometry, which is a requirement for standard D-OCT.
My main scientific interest lies in machine/deep learning, multifunctional optical imaging, photoacoustics, OCT-angiography, Doppler and polarization sensitive OCT and in/ex-vivo clinical and preclinical studies.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Photoacoustic microscopy (PAM) at various wavelengths, Optical coherence microscopy (OCM), Doppler optical coherence microscopy (D-OCM). Machine learning. Deep Learning. Animal models: zebrafish larvae, chick embryos
- Deloria, A.J. et al., 2020. Ultra-high-resolution 3D optical coherence tomography reveals inner structures of human placenta-derived trophoblast organoids. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, pp.1–1. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/tbme.2020.3038466.
- Haindl, R. et al., 2020. Ultra-high-resolution SD-OCM imaging with a compact polarization-aligned 840 nm broadband combined-SLED source. Biomedical Optics Express, 11(6), p.3395. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/BOE.394229.
- Haindl, R. et al., 2020. Functional optical coherence tomography and photoacoustic microscopy imaging for zebrafish larvae. Biomedical Optics Express, 11(4), p.2137. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/BOE.390410.
- Wang, Z. et al., 2020. NIR nanoprobe-facilitated cross-referencing manifestation of local disease biology for dynamic therapeutic response assessment. Chemical Science, 11(3), pp.803–811. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C9SC04909F.
- Haindl, R. et al., 2016. Total retinal blood flow measurement by three beam Doppler optical coherence tomography. Biomedical Optics Express, 7(2), p.287. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/BOE.7.000287.