Drug Evaluation, Preclinical; Positron-Emission Tomography; Radiochemistry
- Experimental Nuclear Medicine
Head: Cécile Philippe
Research Area: The research group "Experimental Nuclear Medicine" deals with the development and evaluation of radiotracers in various diseases. In addition, the group focuses on organ axes and pharmacokinetics.
- Radiochemistry and Biomarker Development
- Radiochemical labeling of small molecules with medical radionuclides (especially 11C, 18F, 68Ga, 177Lu)
- Implementation of tracer production for in-house use.
- Development of novel radiolabeling methods using [11C]CO2-fixation chemistry.
- Chemical synthesis of stable precursors for radiolabeling
- In vitro preclinical evaluation of potential PET tracers (e.g. parameters like receptor binding affinity, ligand receptor kinetics, lipophilicity, plasma protein binding and metabolic stability)
- Structures of special interest: bile acids, PARP inhibitors, muscarinic acetylcholine receptor ligands
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Labs for handling open radioactivity (hot cells, radiosynthesis modules)
- Radiochemistry of PET nuclides (especially 11C, 18F) provided by the AKH cyclotron
- Organic synthetic chemistry
- Analytical chemistry and structure identification (NMR, MS and other spectroscopic methods), chromatography (especially various HPLCs)
- Radioligand binding assays
- Ozenil, M. et al., 2020. Enhanced arecoline derivatives as muscarinic acetylcholine receptor M1 ligands for potential application as PET radiotracers. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 204, p.112623. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2020.112623.
- Ozenil, M. et al., 2020. Synthesis, Biological, and Computational Evaluation of Antagonistic, Chiral Hydrobenzoin Esters of Arecaidine Targeting mAChR M1. Pharmaceuticals, 13(12), p.437. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ph13120437.
- Ozenil, M. et al. (2021) ‘Unexpected scaffold rearrangement product of pirenzepine found in commercial samples’, Scientific Reports, 11(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-02732-y.