Adolescent Psychiatry; Child Psychiatry; Electric Stimulation; Mental Health
My main research focus is to understand how Non-invasive Brain Stimulation tools can be used to help child and adolescent psychiatric patients. For that, in ABC Brain Lab, we aim to employ up-to-date electrical stimulation techniques and adjunt tools (MRI, EEG, computational models, eye-tracking) to investigate optimal clinical approaches to this target population.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Non-invasive Brain Stimulation
- Behavioral measures
- MRI and computational models
- Lara, G.A. de et al., 2018. Perturbation of theta-gamma coupling at the temporal lobe hinders verbal declarative memory. Brain Stimulation, 11(3), pp.509,
- Lara, G.A. de et al., 2017. Anodal tDCS Over the Left DLPFC Did Not Affect the Encoding and Retrieval of Verbal Declarative Information. Frontiers in Neuroscience, 11. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fnins.2017.00452.
- Alekseichuk, I. et al., 2016. Spatial Working Memory in Humans Depends on Theta and High Gamma Synchronization in the Prefrontal Cortex. Current Biology, 26(12), pp.1513,