Biomedical Engineering; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy; Medical Physics
Martin Meyerspeer holds a PhD in Physics and is specialised in in vivo Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy. His main research interests are development of pulse sequences and protocols for multi-nuclear NMR spectroscopy and NMR imaging at ultra-high field, data acquisition and processing. A special focus is dynamic and localized 31P MR spectroscopy of exercising muscle.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
MR pulse sequences at ultra-high magnetic field for ¹H and non-proton MR, particularly their combination in one pulse sequence, i.e. interleaved acquisition of of 1H- and X-nuclear MR data. Further, experience with design and construction of RF coils and with exercise of skeletal muscle in high-field MR scanners.
- Multimodal Magnetic Resonance Methods for Metabolic Research (2014)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), Lead Agency Verfahren; ANR/Frankreich
- Multi-nuclear in vivo MR spectroscopy at ultra-high field (2010)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), Erwin-Schrödinger-Auslandsstipendien
- Meyerspeer, M. et al., 2020. 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy in skeletal muscle: Experts’ consensus recommendations. NMR in Biomedicine. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/nbm.4246.
- Niess F, Schmid AI, Bogner W, Wolzt M, Carlier PG, Trattnig S, Moser E, Meyerspeer M. Interleaved 31P MRS/1H ASL for analysis of metabolic and functional heterogeneity along human lower leg muscles at 7T. Magn Reson Med 2019;In press. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mrm.28088.
- Meyerspeer M, Magill AW, Kuehne A, Gruetter R, Moser E, Schmid AI. Simultaneous and interleaved acquisition of NMR signals from different nuclei with a clinical MRI scanner. Magn Reson Med 2016;76:1636–1641. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mrm.26495.
- Meyerspeer M, Robinson S, Nabuurs CI, Scheenen T, Schoisengeier A, Unger E, Kemp G, Moser E. Comparing localized and nonlocalized dynamic 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy in exercising muscle at 7T. Magn Reson Med 2012;68:1713–1723. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mrm.24205.
- Meyerspeer M, Kemp GJ, Mlynárik V, Krššák M, Szendroedi J, Nowotny P, Roden M, Moser E. Direct noninvasive quantification of lactate and high energy phosphates simultaneously in exercising human skeletal muscle by localized magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Magn Reson Med 2007;57:654–660. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mrm.21188.