Dose-Response Relationship, Radiation; Heavy Ion Radiotherapy; Radiation Oncology; Radiotherapy; Radiotherapy Planning, Computer-Assisted
- Medical Radiation Research
Head: Dietmar Georg
Research Area: The vision of our group is the optimization of the treatment outcome of radiation oncology, alone or in combination with established chemotherapy or novel targeted strategies of drug treatment, with conventional photon or innovative ion-beams.
My primary research focus lies on ion beam therapy. Developing motion management strategies for the treatment of moving targets using protons and carbon ions is the major research field.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- 4D dosimetry
- 4D imaging
- Treatment planning
- Witoszynskyj, S. et al., 2019. Attenuation correction of a flat table top for radiation therapy in hybrid PET/MR using CT- and 68Ge/68Ga transmission scan-based μ-maps. Physica Medica, 65, pp.76–83. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2019.08.005.
- Trnková, P. et al., 2018. Clinical implementations of 4D pencil beam scanned particle therapy: Report on the 4D treatment planning workshop 2016 and 2017. Physica Medica, 54, pp.121–130. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmp.2018.10.002.
- Kostiukhina, N. et al., 2017. Advanced Radiation DOSimetry phantom (ARDOS): a versatile breathing phantom for 4D radiation therapy and medical imaging. Physics in Medicine & Biology, 62(20), pp.8136–8153. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1361-6560/aa86ea.
- Knäusl, B. et al., 2016. Can particle beam therapy be improved using helium ions? – a planning study focusing on pediatric patients. Acta Oncologica, 55(6), pp.751–759. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/0284186X.2015.1125016.
- Mock, U. et al., 2014. Assessment of improved organ at risk sparing for meningioma: Light ion beam therapy as boost versus sole treatment option. Radiotherapy and Oncology, 111(3), pp.451–456. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2014.05.018.