Artificial Intelligence; Dose-Response Relationship, Radiation; Heavy Ion Radiotherapy; Image Processing, Computer-Assisted; Radiation Oncology; Radiation Protection; Radiotherapy
- Medical Radiation Research
Head: Dietmar Georg
Research Area: The vision of our group is the optimization of the treatment outcome of radiation oncology, alone or in combination with established chemotherapy or novel targeted strategies of drug treatment, with conventional photon or innovative ion-beams.
- Proton and ion beam therapy
- Adaptive radiotherapy
- Image-guided particle therapy
- AI in radiotherapy
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Dosimetry in proton and carbon ion beams
- Medical image processing
- Neural networks for radiotherapy
- multi-parametric MRI
- Kuess, P. et al., 2017. Lateral response heterogeneity of Bragg peak ionization chambers for narrow-beam photon and proton dosimetry. Physics in Medicine & Biology, 62(24), pp.9189–9206. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1361-6560/aa955e.
- Khachonkham, S. et al., 2018. Characteristic of EBT-XD and EBT3 radiochromic film dosimetry for photon and proton beams. Physics in Medicine & Biology, 63(6), p.065007. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1361-6560/aab1ee.
- Kuess, P. et al., 2017. Association between pathology and texture features of multi parametric MRI of the prostate. Physics in Medicine & Biology, 62(19), pp.7833–7854. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1361-6560/aa884d.
- Georg, D. et al., 2014. Dosimetric Considerations to Determine the Optimal Technique for Localized Prostate Cancer Among External Photon, Proton, or Carbon-Ion Therapy and High-Dose-Rate or Low-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy. International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics, 88(3), pp.715–722. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2013.11.241.
- Kuess, P. et al., 2012. Using statistical measures for automated comparison of in-beam PET data. Medical Physics, 39(10), pp.5874–5881. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1118/1.4749962.