Dose-Response Relationship, Radiation; Heavy Ions; Medical Physics; Radiation Oncology; Radiation Protection; Radiotherapy
- Medical Radiation Research
Head: Dietmar Georg
Research Area: The vision of our group is the optimization of the treatment outcome of radiation oncology, alone or in combination with established chemotherapy or novel targeted strategies of drug treatment, with conventional photon or innovative ion-beams.
- Image guided particle therapy of uveal melanoma with a multiport beam arrangement (2019)
Source of Funding: FFG (Austrian Research Promotion Agency), BRIDGE
- Proton and carbon ion response studies for chondrosarcoma – going beyond current radiobiological standards with 3D models (2019)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), Stand alone project
Coordinator of the collaborative project
- Magnetic resonance imaging guided proton therapy (2018)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), Clinical Research
- Verhaegen, F. et al., 2018. ESTRO ACROP: Technology for precision small animal radiotherapy research: Optimal use and challenges. Radiotherapy and Oncology, 126(3), pp.471–478. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2017.11.016.
- Daniel, M. et al., 2017. Impact of hybrid PET/MR technology on multiparametric imaging and treatment response assessment of cervix cancer. Radiotherapy and Oncology, 125(3), pp.420–425. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2017.10.036.
- Fuchs, H. et al., 2017. Magnetic field effects on particle beams and their implications for dose calculation in MR-guided particle therapy. Medical Physics, 44(3), pp.1149–1156. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mp.12105.
- Georg, D., Knöös, T. & McClean, B., 2011. Current status and future perspective of flattening filter free photon beams. Medical Physics, 38(3), pp.1280–1293. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1118/1.3554643.
- Georg, D. et al., 2008. Image-Guided Radiotherapy for Cervix Cancer: High-Tech External Beam Therapy Versus High-Tech Brachytherapy. International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics, 71(4), pp.1272–1278. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2008.03.032.