Colorectal Neoplasms; Innate Immunity; Liver; Macrophages; Receptors, Natural Killer Cell
- Surgical Research Laboratories
Head: Michael Bergmann
Research Area: The task of the laboratory is to combine molecular/cellular biology and the needs posed by surgical patients. Thus, the laboratory acts at the interface between clinical medicine and basic research, promoting translational medical science.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Immunohistology, including immunofluorescence microscopy and Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH)
- FACS (including intracellular cytokine staining)
- Cell isolation from various organs by flow cytometry (up to single-cell sorting) or microbeads
- Cell culture and functional assays with low input cell numbers (including cytokine stimulation, proliferation assays, migration assays, cytotoxicity assays)
- Quantitative RT-PCR
- Single cell sequencing in cooperation with CeMM
- Stary, V. et al., 2020. A discrete subset of epigenetically primed human NK cells mediates antigen-specific immune responses. Science Immunology, 5(52), p.eaba6232. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/sciimmunol.aba6232.
- Stary, V. et al., 2020. Short-course radiotherapy promotes pro-inflammatory macrophages via extracellular vesicles in human rectal cancer. Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer, 8(2), p.e000667. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/jitc-2020-000667.
- Stary, V. & Stary, G., 2020. NK Cell-Mediated Recall Responses: Memory-Like, Adaptive, or Antigen-Specific? Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, 10. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fcimb.2020.00208.
- Stary, V. et al., 2016. SERCA2a upregulation ameliorates cellular alternans induced by metabolic inhibition. Journal of Applied Physiology, 120(8), pp.865–875. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00588.2015.
- Malinowski, M. et al., 2015. Factors influencing hypertrophy of the left lateral liver lobe after portal vein embolization. Langenbeck’s Archives of Surgery, 400(2), pp.237–246. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00423-014-1266-7.